Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Feeling Blessed

So, I find myself sitting here ruminating on where I am in my life and realize I am smiling. I have experienced my share of 'Love' scars, but now know that they are not Love scars at all, yet small and large stepping stones that have helped me reach this place. The place where I stand right now. My destiny. Feeling truly proud of this family I am creating and the life I am building with my true best friend and partner. I often forget to take the time to tell Tim how honored I am to have been fatefully chosen to be his lifelong partner, wife and best friend. True Love seems to be a rarity these days, so I feel fortunate beyond words to experience such a pure and honest Love each and every day. Never in my life have I felt so adored and Loved for the woman I have been and the woman I strive to be every day. My imperfections, my quirks and my neurotic tendencies are the things I would most like to bury in a deep dark hole never to be found, but yet it would seem as though it is all those things that Tim Loves most about me. How is it, that the things we wish we could change the most are the things that somehow make us more beautiful? Those imperfections are my reminders that I am human. My quirks and neurotic tendencies are the guardians of the one and only me. And although I don't see them that way every day, Tim somehow does. I think back to that moment the stars decided our hearts were meant to find and protect one another and not only feel thankful, but feel honored.

Tim your heart is my most precious treasure that I promise to protect always! Thank you for being the man, the husband and the father you are as our lives would not be the same without you! Ti Amo mi Principe...Per Sempre!

Then there is Tristan and Scarlett. An extension of this Love we have found in one another. Being a mom has opened my eyes to the possibilities of what my heart is truly capable of. Every day I think I couldn't Love them any more, but yet every day I do. They can smile a million times and every smile feels different from the last. We share a new moment every time we sit in the exact same spot. And I hear something new, something different every time they laugh as if I'm hearing it for the first time. The discoveries that accompany motherhood are endless and they teach you something new about yourself you probably never would have uncovered. I have learned I am capable of a lot more than I ever thought possible and I have our precious twins to thank for that.

My life is enriched with Love, laughter and unforgettable moments and I thank everyone who shares in that!















No comments:

Post a Comment